Monday, August 30, 2010

My Corset

Honestly, last post for today and I will make it short, haha.

I wanted to go into a bit about my new acquisition for my costume - my corset. I have heard many good and many bad things about Casta Diva corsets. I am just here to relate my experience and what I think about my purchase. Firstly, I went to the faire with the mind to buy something, and settled on a corset. As I meandered around, I priced a few and found them to be way out of my range. I checked out Casta Diva, and liked the price and what I saw. First - the service. I got lots of attention from two sales people even though the place was packed. From what I was told, they do not have an online website and sell exclusively through Renaissance Faires. They like to measure and size in person, to ensure that everyone gets a good fit and that the corset is laced properly. The sales lady was also willing to lace me back into the bodice I walked in with. I was measured, and then set about finding one in my size that I liked. To be honest - the selection was huge, but not varied when it came to my size. It WAS rather difficult to find my size because I am a bigger girl and we tend to be squishy - something I realize and the sales lady told me quite gently, thinking I was going to take offense.

I was laced and re-laced about three times before I found a perfect fit. They were all very patient with me, and were extremely helpful and knowledgeable with all my questions. In the end, I got a corset that I love. It's perfect for the Faire without looking like I got it from Hot Topic, but I can wear it outside the Faire with no problems with a pair of jeans and heels. The fit is great and I do look damn sexy in it. The quality was another thing I looked at closely. I can feel that it is steel boned, and the stitching is very fine and well done - no loose threads in sight. I had my sister in law, who is a great seamstress and whose opinion I trust, take a look at it and determined it to be a quality, well made garment.

So, that is all I am going to say on my Casta Diva corset. Some people may not like them, but I had a great experience and love my corset.

No comments:

Post a Comment